Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: Please carefully read these Terms and Conditions of Use before using PARiConnect (“PARiConnect”). By accepting these Terms and Conditions of Use and subsequently using PARiConnect, you acknowledge your understanding and agreement to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Welcome to PARiConnect. By using PARiConnect, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, which are effective unless and until terminated by PAR (“PAR,” “we,” or “us”). We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, amend, alter, or update these Terms and Conditions of Use. You agree to be bound by such modifications, amendments, alterations, or updates. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to review our most current Terms and Conditions of Use for PARiConnect.
PARiConnect is made available by PAR and provides an online testing platform for selected PAR assessment tools, giving clinicians and practitioners the capability to remotely test clients/patients. It additionally allows qualified users to present assessments online while a client/patient is in the practitioner’s office, and it may allow the PAR Customer to use his or her PAR desktop software application to gather client responses from remotely located clients/patients and run reports based on those responses. As an account manager/supervisor or user of PARiConnect, you acknowledge the following:
- I possess the appropriate training, education, and expertise to use tests acquired for use by me and/or my organization. I understand the professional testing standards as promulgated by the American Psychological Association (APA), the National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME), and the American Educational Research Association (AERA) and will comply with such standards and policies.
- I have previously submitted user qualification information to PAR and have established my credentials to acquire access to tests. I have not misrepresented my identification, education, training, or other credentials to obtain access to tests for which I am not qualified.
- I accept full responsibility for insuring that administration of assessment instruments to adolescents and children ages 13 years and younger will occur within the physical presence of either me or a qualified user in my organization.
- I assume complete responsibility for reasonable and appropriate privacy policies with respect to my clients/patients.
- I will submit reasonable and appropriate documentation as requested by PAR to change critical security-related account information for PARiConnect access and use.
- I will not disclose my password to any other individual, and I will ensure that reasonable safeguards are taken for the protection of my password. I understand that PAR does not have access to my password and that I will be required to create a new unique password in the event that I lose or forget my password.
- I understand that personally identifiable information pertaining to my client/patient is encrypted within PARiConnect and that PAR Customer Support personnel do not have access to encryption keys. If client/patient data are inadvertently deleted and/or destroyed by me, PAR will employ security measures that may include written authorization from me, verification procedures, and other processes established by PAR from time to time to ensure adequate protection of confidential client/patient data.
- I will indemnify, protect, save, and hold harmless PAR and its officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, representatives, and contractors of, from, and against any loss, injury, damage, or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that PAR or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, representatives, or contractors may incur that shall arise out of, be connected with, or be in any manner related to my use of PARiConnect or any individual under my control and/or supervision.
- PAR will delete my PARiConnect account and all associated client/patient records after a period of 36 months of inactivity on my PARiConnect account.
- I assume responsibility for providing an alternate records storage facility for any client/patient records that are captured on PARiConnect, and I agree not to rely solely on PARiConnect for storage of the results of client/patient assessments.
- HIPAA gives PAR Customers’ clients/patients the right to access and obtain copies of their Protected Health Information (“PHI”) that you, as the Covered Entity, or PAR, as a Business Associate of yours, maintains. HIPAA also provides that participants may request to have their PHI amended. The Plan will provide access to PHI and it will consider requests for amendments that are submitted in writing by clients/patients and that are accompanied by reasonable documentation and verification of identity.
PAR does not provide clinical advice, nor should the content or results of any score and/or interpretive report obtained from the PARiConnect site be considered clinical advice. PARiConnect is not intended to be a substitute for professional psychological, psychiatric, or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, nor are assessment scores diagnostic. Assessments provided and presented on PARiConnect are intended to supplement, not substitute for, the diagnosis, treatment, and advice of a health care professional.
PAR does not recommend or endorse any specific health care providers, procedures, or opinions. PAR is an independent publisher of psychological assessments and resources.
The PARiConnect site and its content (including all site design, text, data, interfaces, logos, button icons, legends, images, photographs, music, audio or video clips, titles, page headers, graphics, and software and the selection, arrangement, coordination, enhancement, and presentation of said elements) are the sole property of PAR and/or any authors, affiliates, or content suppliers and are protected by United States and international copyright laws. All software used on our PARiConnect site is the property of PAR or its software suppliers (or is used under license from the owner) and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. You acknowledge that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now or hereinafter developed. Any trademarks that appear on the PARiConnect site are either our property or the property of others, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by PAR.
Our PARiConnect site and its content and individual assessment products are not intended for reuse or reproduction. Except as otherwise provided on our PARiConnect site, any other use of our PARiConnect site or its content without our written permission is strictly prohibited. Our PARiConnect site and its content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, transmitted, disassembled, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly permitted under these Terms and Conditions of Use. Any information copied from our PARiConnect site in accordance with the foregoing must include the appropriate PAR copyright notice and trademark notices and may not be altered in any way.
Using our PARiConnect site does not confer, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any ownership right or license to our PARiConnect site as a whole or to any individual elements of our PARiConnect site, without regard to whether such elements are subject to copyright or trademark protection. Access to our PARiConnect site does not authorize anyone to use any name, logo, slogan, or mark in any manner. The application of our PARiConnect site into any other site is strictly prohibited unless pre-approved in writing by PAR. PAR reserves the right to refuse access in its sole discretion if we believe that a user’s conduct violates applicable law or these Terms and Conditions of Use or is harmful to the interests of PAR or its affiliates.
Persons under the age of 18 years may not use our PARiConnect site and, where applicable, you must have appropriate user qualifications to access and use selected PAR products on the site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of our PARiConnect site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging on to a server or an account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by submitting a virus to the PARiConnect site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing;” (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. PAR will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this PARiConnect site or any activity being conducted on this PARiConnect site. You agree further not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this PARiConnect site other than the search engine and search agents available from PAR on this site and other than generally available third-party browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome).
Business Associate Agreement
Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc. (“PAR”), 16204 N Florida Avenue, Lutz, FL 33549, duly registered as a Florida corporation authorized to do business therein (hereinafter “Business Associate”), and PARiConnect Customer(s), (hereinafter “Customer(s)”), of various addresses throughout the world, expressly agree as follows:
Whereas, Business Associate has, is, and does provide an online, automated computer assessment platform, with Web-based access, hereafter called PARiConnect, for use by PAR Customer(s). Such PAR Customer(s) may enter client data onto PARiConnect, and such client data may contain individually identifiable protected health information (hereinafter “Client PHI”) as defined by § 164.501 of the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information, 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 through 164, as modified by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009, Public Law 111-005 (“the HITECH Act”), and other applicable laws and regulations.
Whereas, Customer(s), in order to meet its obligations to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the privacy and security regulations promulgated under Title II, Subtitle F, §§ 261-264 of HIPAA, the administrative regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (“DHHS”) as found in 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 through 164 (hereinafter HIPAA or DHHS regulations), and the HITECH Act, as such laws and regulations may be amended from time to time, seeks reasonable assurances from Business Associate that Business Associate will comply with the portions of those laws and regulations made applicable to business associates by the HITECH Act.
Whereas, Customer(s) and Business Associate will accomplish the need for Customer(s) to have access to online assessments available within PARiConnect as called for by this Agreement by electronically transmitting and receiving data in agreed formats and to assure that such transactions comply with relevant laws and regulations.
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties agree as follows:
- Breach shall have the meaning specified in § 17921 of the HITECH Act.
- Business Associate shall have the meaning specified in the Privacy Rule, the Security Rule, and § 27938 of the HITECH Act, particularly 45 C.F.R. § 160.103.
- Covered Entity shall have the meaning specified in 45 C.F.R. § 160.103.
- Designated Record Set shall have the meaning specified in 45 C.F.R. § 160.103.
- Electronic Health Record shall have the meaning specified in § 17921 of the HITECH Act.
- Privacy Rule shall mean the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information at 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 164, subparts A and E.
- Protected Health Information (“PHI”) shall have the meaning specified in 45 C.F.R. § 164.501.
- Required by law shall have the meaning specified in 45 C.F.R. § 164.501.
- Secretary shall mean the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services and those employees or agents designated to act on the Secretary’s behalf.
- Security or Security Measures means the administrative, physical, and technical safeguards and documentation requirements specified in the Security Rule.
- Security Rule shall mean the Standards for Security of Electronic Protected Health Information at 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 164, subparts A and E.
- Unsecured PHI shall have the meaning specified in § 17932 of the HITECH Act and any regulations issued thereunder by the Department of Health and Human Services (“DHHS”).
- Obligations of the Business Associate.
- If and to the extent that and so long as required by the HIPAA provisions of 42 U.S.C. §§ 1171 et seq. and regulations promulgated thereunder, and any additional security requirements contained in Subtitle D of Title IV of the HITECH Act that apply to Customer(s) but not otherwise, Business Associate does hereby assure Customer(s) that Business Associate will implement appropriate safeguards, including, but not limited to, the administrative, physical, and technical safeguards and documentation requirements of the Security Rule to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of any electronic Client PHI that it may indirectly receive, maintain, or transmit on behalf of the Customer(s) and will appropriately safeguard all Customer(s) Client PHI regardless of form or format.
- Business Associate agrees to mitigate, to the extent practicable, any harmful effect that is known to Business Associate of a use or disclosure of Customer(s) Client PHI by Business Associate in violation of the requirements of this Agreement.
- Business Associate agrees to report to Customer(s) any use or disclosure of the Customer(s) Client PHI not provided for by this Agreement or any security incident of which it becomes aware involving Client PHI of the Customer(s).
- Business Associate shall ensure that any subcontractors or agents to whom Business Associate provides Client PHI received from Customer(s) agree to the same restrictions and conditions that apply to Business Associate with respect to such information.
- Business Associate shall make available Client PHI in accordance with applicable law.
- Business Associate shall provide to individuals who are the subject of Client PHI received from Customer(s) their rights as made applicable to business associates of covered entities.
- Business Associate shall maintain records pursuant to this agreement and to provide such records and other necessary information to the Customer(s) or to the Secretary of HHS as may be requested or required in writing and as permitted by law. Business Associate agrees that all records kept in connection with this Agreement are subject to review and audit by the Customer(s) upon reasonable notice and written request by the Customer(s).
- Upon termination of this Agreement in writing by Customer to Business Associate by either party for any reason, Business Associate shall destroy all Client PHI received from Customer(s) that Business Associate still maintains in any form and all copies thereof, shall retain no copies or files of such information, and shall remain obligated not to use, disclose, or provide such information to third parties. Additionally, after 36 months of inactivity on the Customer PARiConnect account, Business Associate will delete all Customer and Client PHI, and will make a presumptive determination that the Customer has ceased use of PARiConnect.
- Business Associate shall incorporate any amendments or corrections to Client PHI when notified by Customer pursuant to applicable law, in the event that Customer cannot access such Client PHI.
- Permitted Uses and Disclosures.
- In the event that Business Associate inadvertently obtains Client PHI, Business Associate may use or disclosure such Client PHI only if such use or disclosure is in compliance with each applicable requirement of 45 C.F.R. § 164.504(e) as follows:
- Except as otherwise limited in this Agreement, Business Associate may use or disclose Client PHI to perform functions, activities, or services for, or on behalf of, Customer(s), provided that such use or disclosure would not violate the Privacy and Security Rules if done by Customer(s), and only if such use is disclosed on PARiConnect to both Customer(s) and Customer(s) clients.
- Except as otherwise restricted by this Agreement, Business Associate may use Client PHI for the proper management and administration of the Business Associate or to carry out the legal responsibilities of the Business Associate. If Business Associate uses such information for the purposes set forth above, it will do so only if the disclosure is required by law or if Business Associate obtains reasonable assurances from the person(s) to whom the information is disclosed that the information disclosed will be held confidential and will be used or further disclosed only as required by law or for the purpose for which Business Associate disclosed it to the person(s). Business Associate shall also ensure that the person(s) to whom Business Associate so discloses information notifies Customer(s) of any instances of breach of confidentiality that such person is aware of.
- Upon termination in writing of this Agreement for any reason, Business Associate shall return or destroy all Client PHI received from Customer(s) or created or received by Business Associate on behalf of Customer(s), including Client PHI that is in the possession of subcontractors or agents of Business Associate. Business Associate may retain no copies of the Client PHI. In the event that Business Associate determines that returning or destroying the Client PHI is not feasible, Business Associate shall provide Customer(s) notification that return or destruction of the Client PHI is not feasible. Upon mutual agreement of the parties that return or destruction is not feasible, Business Associate shall extend the protections of this Agreement and limit further uses and disclosures of such Client PHI to those purposes that make the return or destruction not feasible for so long as the Business Associate maintains the Client PHI. Additionally, after 36 months of inactivity on the Customer PARiConnect account, Business Associate will delete all Customer and Client PHI.
- Application of Civil and Criminal Penalties.
- If Business Associate violates any security provision specified above or §§ 1176 and 1177 of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 1320d-5 and 1320d-6 shall apply to Business Associate with respect to such violation in the same manner that such sections apply to Customer(s) if it violates such security provisions.
- Business Associate shall be subject to audit of its security measures by the Office of the Inspector General (“OIG”) of DHHS.
- Information Breach Notification Requirements.
- Business Associate recognizes that Customer(s) has certain reporting and disclosure obligations to the Secretary of HHS and others, including the individual, in case of a security breach of unsecured Client PHI. In cases in which Business Associate accesses, maintains, retains, modifies, records, stores, destroys, uses, or discloses Client PHI, Business Associate without unreasonable delay and in no case later than 60 days following discovery of a breach of such information shall notify Customer(s) of any such breach. Such notice shall include the identification of any individual whose unsecured Client PHI has been or is reasonably believed to have been accessed, acquired, or disclosed during the breach.
- Business Associate shall be liable for the costs associated with such breach if caused by Business Associate’s negligent or willful acts or omissions or the negligent or willful acts or omissions of Business Associate’s agents, officers, employees, or subcontractors.
- Business Associate shall maintain comprehensive general liability insurance throughout the term of this Agreement in minimum limits of $1,000,000 Dollars per occurrence or per claim and $10,000,000 Dollars in the aggregate.
- In the event that Business Associate secures claims insurance coverage, it agrees to purchase an unlimited reporting endorsement upon the cancellation or termination of said coverage.
- Business Associate agrees to provide Customer(s) a certificate of insurance evidencing such coverage before the effective date of this Agreement and any renewals thereof if requested.
- If Business Associate proposes to voluntarily cancel or not renew any existing coverage, change the carrier thereof, change the terms thereof, or reduce the limits of such coverage, Business Associate shall give written notice thereof to Customer(s), specifying the nature and proposed date of such proposed cancellation, nonrenewal, change, or reduction. If such proposed cancellation, nonrenewal, change, or reduction is not acceptable to Customer(s), within 30 days after receipt of notice thereof from Business Associate, Customer(s) may notify Business Associate of the termination of this Agreement effective upon the date of such proposed cancellation, nonrenewal, change, or reduction.
- Business Associate agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Customer(s), its Board of Directors, officers, agents, employees, and personnel (hereinafter “Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, causes of action, or liability that the Indemnified Party may sustain as a result of the Business Associate’s breach of its duties or the indemnifying party’s errors or omissions within the terms of this Agreement or vicarious liability of the Customer(s) for any act or conduct of the Business Associate adjudged to constitute fraud, misrepresentation, or violation of any law, including violation of any statute or regulation applicable to the conduct of the Business Associate provided pursuant to this Agreement. This indemnification shall include reasonable expenses, including attorney’s fees incurred by defending such claims and damages incurred by reason of the indemnifying party’s failure to comply with applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations or for damages caused by the indemnifying party.
- Third-party Service Providers. The parties may transmit documents electronically to each party, either directly or through any third-party service provider with which either party may contract. Either party may modify its election to use, not use, or change a third-party service provider upon 30 days’ prior written notice to the other party.
- Costs of Third-party Service Providers. Each party shall be responsible for the costs of any third-party service provider with which it contracts unless otherwise set forth via written (emailed, faxed, or letter) communication between the parties.
- Liability for Acts of Third-party Service Providers. Each party shall be liable for the acts or omissions of its third-party service provider while transmitting, receiving, storing, or handling documents or performing related activities for, with, to, or from such party, provided that, if both parties use the same third-party service provider to effect the transmission and receipt of a document, the originating party shall be liable for the acts or omissions of such third-party service provider as to such Document.
- System Operations. Each party, at its own expense, shall provide and maintain the equipment, software, services, and testing necessary to effectively, reliably, and confidentially transmit and receive documents.
- Signatures. Each party shall adopt as its signature (“Signature”) an electronic identification consisting of symbol(s) or code(s) that are to be affixed to or contained in each Document transmitted by such party. Each party agrees that any Signature of such party affixed to or contained in any transmitted Document shall be sufficient to verify that such party originated such document. Neither party shall disclose to any unauthorized person the Signature of the other party. Such Signature may be represented by the combination of the email address and password of the Customer.
- Proper Receipt. Documents shall not be deemed to have been properly received, and no document shall give rise to any obligation, until accessible to the receiving party at such party’s email address as utilized for PARiConnect registration.
- Verification. Upon proper receipt of any document, the receiving party shall promptly and properly transmit a functional acknowledgment in return. A functional acknowledgment shall constitute conclusive evidence that the receiving party has properly received a document.
- Integrity. The parties will take reasonable measures to protect the integrity of all documents and data. Neither party will insert any virus, key locks, or other programs into the system, regardless of whether or not a dispute exists between the parties. The receiving party will return the information in usable form upon request or at the end of the contract.
- Business Associate may amend this Agreement from time to time to the extent required by the provisions of 42 U.S.C. §§ 1171 et seq., HIPAA, the HITECH Act, and regulations promulgated thereunder to ensure that this Agreement is consistent therewith.
- Term of Contract.
- The term of the Agreement shall be effective as of the effective date when such terms are electronically accepted by the Customer and shall terminate when all Client PHI provided by Customer(s) to Business Associate or created or received by Business Associate on behalf of Customer(s) is destroyed or, if it is not feasible to destroy such Client PHI, protections are extended to such Client PHI in accordance with the termination provisions above.
- Without limiting the rights and remedies of Customer(s) elsewhere set forth in this Agreement or available under applicable law, Customer(s) may terminate this Agreement without penalty or recourse to Customer(s) if Customer(s) determines that Business Associate has violated a material term of the provisions of this Agreement and has not cured the breach to the satisfaction of the Customer(s), in the Customer(s)’s sole discretion.
- This Agreement also contains a number of stipulations that are specific to the use of PARiConnect by the Customer, and such stipulations have been included in the Terms and Conditions, General Information, and/or additional disclosures contained in this document, to which the Customer(s) agrees. By accepting this Agreement, Customer also agrees to be bound by the additional terms.
Limits of Liability
PAR reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor areas of our PARiConnect site electronically. PAR further reserves the right to disclose any content, records, or electronic communication of any kind if we are required to do so by any law, regulation, or court order (including subpoenas).
Licensees will in no event be liable for any damages or losses resulting from or caused by your use of the PARiConnect site; your misuse of any information contained herein; the PARiConnect site’s content, including any errors on or omissions from this PARiConnect site, including, but not limited to, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors; or any services or products delivered, purchased, or used as a result of your use of our PARiConnect site. Licensees also will not be liable for technical failures or for unauthorized access to user transmissions by third parties. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all losses and damages of any kind (whether general, special, consequential, incidental, exemplary, or otherwise, including, without limitation, loss of data, income, or profits), whether in contract, negligence, or other tortious action, even if an authorized representative of PAR has been advised of or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
If you are dissatisfied with our PARiConnect site or any content on the PARiConnect site, or with these Terms and Conditions of Use, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using our PARiConnect site. If and insofar as the limitation of liability set forth in the immediately preceding sentence is found to be invalid, unenforceable, or inapplicable for any reason, then Licensees’ aggregate liability under such circumstances for liabilities that otherwise would have been limited shall not exceed one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00). In no event will any Licensee be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on information on the PARiConnect site or for any consequential, special, or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you believe that any material posted on the PARiConnect site infringes any copyrights, please notify us by providing a written notice signed physically or electronically by a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. In your written notice, please identify any copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple works are covered, a representative list of such works); identify the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled; provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address; state that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and state that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner regarding an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Please send the written notice to Copyright Administrator, C/O PAR, 16204 N. Florida Ave., Lutz, FL 33549 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
U.S. export control laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals. You agree to abide by these laws and their regulations (including, but not limited to, the Export Administration Act and the Arms Export Control Act) and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content derived from our PARiConnect site to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of such laws.
Our PARiConnect site is created and controlled by PAR in the State of Florida, U.S.A. As such, you agree that the substantive laws of the State of Florida will govern the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms and Conditions of Use, or any disputes that arise hereunder or relate in any way to the Terms and Conditions of Use, without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws which might otherwise result in the application of the substantive laws of another jurisdiction. The courts in or for Hillsborough County, Florida, with appropriate subject-matter jurisdiction, shall be the sole and exclusive venue for any dispute arising out of or relating in any way to your visit to our PARiConnect site. You consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
These Terms and Conditions of Use incorporate by reference any notices contained on this PARiConnect site and constitute the entire agreement with respect to your access to and use of our PARiConnect site. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any part of these Terms and Conditions of Use is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, it is agreed nevertheless that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intention of such provision by making reasonable modifications in such provision if practicable and by continuing to honor all other terms and provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use, which are intended to remain in full force and effect. Licensees make no representation that materials on our PARiConnect site are appropriate or available for use in other locations or jurisdictions. Accessing this PARiConnect site from jurisdictions where the contents of our PARiConnect site are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access our PARiConnect site do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Please let us know if you have any questions about, or would like a copy of, our Terms and Conditions of Use. A copy will be provided to you free of charge. Simply send your request to email@example.com.
Copyright © 2012 by PAR, Inc. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Supervisor/Account Manager User Acceptance Policies
PARiConnect is made available by Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc. (“PAR”), and provides an online testing platform for selected PAR assessment tools, providing clinicians and practitioners with the capability for remote testing of clients/patients. As the Supervisor/Account Manager of the PARiConnect connection and account that will be used for online testing by me and other users within my organization, I hereby understand and acknowledge the following:
- I possess the appropriate training, education, and expertise to use tests acquired for use by me and/or my organization. I understand the professional testing standards as promulgated by the American Psychological Association (APA), the National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME), and the American Educational Research Association (AERA), and will comply with such standards and policies.
- I have previously submitted user qualification information to PAR and have established my credentials to acquire access to tests. I have not misrepresented my identification, education, training, or other credentials to obtain access to tests for which I am not qualified.
- I will supervise all additional users of PARiConnect that I may now or in the future establish or authorize, and assume full responsibility for assigning the appropriate level of test access to each user on the account. I also assume full responsibility for adding new users and deleting users that are no longer qualified for access to various rights and privileges on PARiConnect.
- I will read and thoroughly understand the rights provided to me and other users that I establish within my PARiConnect account before assigning or using such rights to others within my organization. If I have any questions concerning the granting of such rights within PARiConnect, I will contact PAR Customer Support at 1-855-856-4266.
- I hereby acknowledge that my account may contain client/patient data for a number of clinicians and practitioners, and I assume full responsibility for establishing the account hierarchy to provide appropriate access to such client/patient data.
- I will instruct additional users on the appropriate acquisition process required for PARiConnect uses as well as for other PAR print and software products, and will ensure that adequate safeguards are instituted such that all acquisitions will have the approval of me or my institution or other organization, and I will follow the acquisition procedure implemented within my organization.
- I will instruct all account users that remote administration of adolescents and children 13 years of age and under is prohibited. I accept full responsibility for insuring that administration of assessment instruments to adolescents and children 13 years and younger will occur within the physical presence of either me or a qualified user in my organization.
- I will indemnify, protect, save, and hold harmless PAR, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, representatives, and contractors, of, from and against any loss, injury, damage, or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that PAR, or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, servants representatives, or contractors, may incur that shall arise out of, be connected with, or be in any manner related to, my use of PARiConnect, the use of PARiConnect by any person in my organization, or the use of PARiConnect by any person provided access to PARiConnect by me or any person in my organization.