The VPI is a psychological personality-interest inventory composed entirely of occupational titles. Although not as comprehensive as the SDS®, the VPI assesses five dimensions that are not covered by the SDS.
- Yields a broad range of information about interests, interpersonal relationships, values, self-conceptions, coping behaviors, and identifications.
- Parallels other Holland instruments that match user interests to occupations and is compatible with the SDS Form R Occupations Finder, the Leisure Activities Finder™, and the Dictionary of Holland Occupational Codes.
- All-in-one test booklet/answer sheet contains inventory items, a self-scoring carbonless answer sheet, and male and female profile forms.
- In approximately 1 minute, you can hand-score all 11 VPI scales: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, Conventional, Self-Control, Status, Masculinity/Femininity, Infrequency, and Acquiescence.
- Comprehensive data support the construct validity of the VPI scales, which have an average internal consistency of .88. The VPI has been normed on a variety of populations.