The TSCYC is the first fully standardized and normed broadband trauma measure for young children who have been exposed to traumatic events such as child abuse, peer assault, and community violence.
Caretaker report is valid, easy to administer
- A 90-item report allows caretakers to rate each symptom on a 4-point scale according to how frequently the symptom occurred in the previous month.
- Specific scales ascertain the validity of the caretaker’s report.
- Contains separate norms for males and females and for three age groups: 3-4 years, 5-9 years, and 10-12 years.
Provides a detailed evaluation of posttraumatic stress
Spanish-language forms are now available!
- Eight clinical scales (Anxiety, Depression, Anger/Aggression, Posttraumatic Stress-Intrusion, Posttraumatic Stress-Avoidance, Posttraumatic Stress-Arousal, Dissociation, and Sexual Concerns) and a summary scale provide valuable information to help you evaluate acute and chronic symptomatology and provide information on other symptoms found in many traumatized children.
- PTSD Diagnosis Worksheet helps you evaluate PTSD criteria, providing a possible PTSD diagnosis.
- TSCYC scale patterns have been found to predict different forms of trauma exposure in a published study of traumatized children.