The TONI-4 is a practical, easy-to-use, norm-referenced measure of intelligence.
Simple to administer and understand
- Administration and response format are pragmatic, with simple oral instructions requiring test takers to answer with gestures such as pointing, nodding, or blinking. Ideal for those who have language, hearing, or motor impairments or are not familiar with mainstream American culture.
- Two equivalent forms each comprise 60 abstract/figural items. Each item contains one or more of eight salient characteristics: shape, position, direction, rotation, contiguity, shading, size, and movement.
- Verbal and pantomime directions, along with instructions in Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Tagalog, are provided.
Norms have been updated and difficulty level has been adjusted
- Updated normative data (N = 2,272) ensure proper representation of demographic changes in the U.S. population.
- Floor effects are minimal.
- Additional evidence of test reliability and validity is offered for the entire normative sample and for specific subgroups of the sample to account for cognitive ability, race, ethnicity, and gender.