The SDS Career Explorer is designed to introduce middle or junior high school students to educational and vocational exploration.
- Helps students learn about themselves, educational and career planning, and the working world in general.
- Students answer questions about their occupational aspirations or daydreams; assess their preferences for activities, skills, and careers; and estimate their abilities in each of the six areas of John L. Holland’s RIASEC theory.
- The resulting two-letter Summary Code can be compared to the list of more than 400 jobs in the Careers Booklet, which also provides information about required education levels and additional resources.
- Exploring Your Future With the SDS provides additional information about the RIASEC theory, describes the six personality types, explains the use of Summary Codes, and suggests additional educational and vocational planning resources and activities.
Ideal for the classroom
- Requires only a 3rd-grade reading level.
- Each booklet comes in sets of 35 for easier classroom use.
- A Teacher’s Guide, provided in each package of Self-Assessment Booklets, instructs teachers in the administration, scoring, and use of the SDS Career Explorer.