The Ruff 2 & 7 tests consists of a series of 20 trials of a visual search and cancellation task. The respondent detects and marks through all occurrences of the two target digits: 2 and 7.
Designed to measure sustained and selective attention
- In the 10 Automatic Detection trials, the target digits are embedded among alphabetical letters that serve as distractors. In the 10 Controlled Search trials, the target digits are embedded among other numbers that serve as distractors.
- Correct hits and errors are counted for each trial and serve as the basis for scoring the test.
- Accuracy scores evaluate the number of targets identified in relation to the number of possible targets.
- Results of reliability analyses suggest high internal consistency and high split-half reliability for all 2 & 7 Test measures.
- Convergent and discriminant validity demonstrate that sustained attention is captured by the combination of 2 & 7 Test Speed and Accuracy scores.
Note: Stopwatch is required for administration.