The RFFT was developed to provide clinical information regarding nonverbal capacity for fluid and divergent thinking, ability to shift cognitive set, planning strategies, and executive ability to coordinate this process.
- The test booklet consists of five 60-second parts, each with a different stimulus presentation.
- The respondent draws as many unique designs as possible within 60 seconds by connecting the dots in different patterns. The total number of unique designs drawn constitutes the main score.
- The Perseverative Errors score represents the number of repetitions of the same pattern drawn by the respondent.
- The Error Ratio index assesses the respondent’s ability to minimize repetition while maximizing unique productions.
- Qualitative strategies, such as rotation and enumeration, can also be assessed.
Note: Stopwatch is required for administration.