The PAM assesses the parenting aspects of a couple’s relationship and provides you with each parent’s perception of the strength of their parenting alliance—how cooperative, communicative, and mutually respectful they are with regard to caring for their children.
- Appropriate for a variety of parenting partners (married, divorced, unmarried, and more).
- Useful as a screening and diagnostic instrument for family counseling, joint custody evaluations, identification of dysfunctional parenting skills, and assessing the impact of intervention.
- The PAM contains 20 items that are written at a 3rd-grade reading level.
- Standardized on 1,224 parents of children from the general population and a clinical sample of 272 parents of children diagnosed with ADHD, CD, ODD, or other problems.
- Internal consistency of .97; test-retest reliability has been measured at .80.