The NEO PI-R, the standard questionnaire measure of the Five Factor Model (FFM), provides a systematic assessment of emotional, interpersonal, experiential, attitudinal, and motivational styles--a detailed personality description that can be a valuable resource for a variety of professionals. The NEO PI-R is a concise measure of the five major domains of personality, as well as the six traits or facets that define each domain. Taken together, the five domain scales and 30 facet scales of the NEO PI-R, including the scales for the Agreeableness and the Conscientiousness domains, facilitate a comprehensive and detailed assessment of normal adult personality. Although the manual has been updated with the introduction of the NEO-PI-3, NEO PI-R norms and forms have not changed.
The NEO PI-R is self-administered and is available in two parallel versions. Each version contains 240 items and three validity items, and requires a 6th-grade reading level.
- Form S, designed for self-reports, is appropriate for use with adults, including individuals of college age.
- Form R, designed for observer reports, is written in the third person for peer, spouse, or expert ratings. It can be used as an alternative measure or as a supplement to self-reports from adult clients.
- Each item is rated on a 5-point scale.
- 2-part carbonless answer sheet, usable with either form, eliminates the need for separate scoring keys or templates.
- Self-carbon page of the answer sheet contains item values for rapid computation of scale raw scores.
- Three profile forms facilitate score-plotting and conversion to T scores.
- 1-page "Your NEO Summary" feedback sheet gives clients easy-to-understand information about the five domains of personality.
- Internal consistency coefficients for both Forms R and S range from .86 to .95 for domain scales and from .56 to .90 for facet scales.
- The NEO PI-R is validated against other personality inventories as well as projective techniques.
- The NEO PI-R also can be scored and/or administered electronically using the NEO Software System™.
- New! The NEO Job Profiler helps make hiring decisions by weighing candidate's traits against the qualities needed for success in a given position.
- New! The NEO Style Graph Booklet provides an innovative way to provide feedback to respondents based on their NEO profiles. Each graph shows clients how their particular FFM domain results interact with each other and form different areas of their personality. It is helpful in occupational and clinical settings.
- New! The NEO Problems in Living Checklist offers additional information about NEO Inventories results and aids clinicians in planning treatment and assessing progress. Spotlighting particular problems individuals may be facing depending on their test outcomes, it is excellent for providing information about client problems, setting goals, and planning interventions.
- The Your NEO Summary feedback sheet enables you to give clients a summary of their NEO performance.