The revised edition of the MSI assesses the nature and extent of conflict within a marriage or relationship.
- Excellent for use at the beginning of marital therapy to guide subsequent treatment, the instrument helps couples communicate hard-to-express feelings. Also useful for premarital counseling and for use with separated couples attempting reconciliation.
- Helps you identify relationship issues that may be contributing to individual or family problems, including depression, substance abuse, and trouble with children or adolescents.
- Scores for both partners can be plotted on a single profile/answer form. The profile highlights the primary concerns of each partner, clearly indicating differences in their perceptions of the relationship.
- Normative data were collected from 2,040 people (1,020 intact couples) whose demographics approximated the U.S. population in regard to geographic region, education, and ethnicity; gender-specific norms are provided.
- A computerized scoring and interpretation program is also available.