Especially useful in assessing children born preterm, the Merrill-Palmer-R is an infant and early childhood assessment that meets the criteria required by state and federal legislation (i.e., IDEA) for the identification of developmental delays and learning problems.
Provides both a global assessment and criterion-specific scores
- Assesses the five domains required by IDEA (cognitive, language, motor, self-help, and social-emotional).
- An Overall Developmental Index for all assessment scales related to intellectual functioning and additional measures of social-emotional functioning is also provided.
- Ideal for the assessment of general cognitive development in English- and Spanish-speaking children, for the screening of infants and children who have been referred for the evaluation of possible developmental delays or disabilities, and for reevaluations of individuals previously identified as developmentally delayed.
Profile, score conversions make comparisons easy
- Provides normative standard scores, percentiles, and age equivalence and criterion-referenced growth scores that are sensitive to change for the five IDEA domains.
- Features separate record forms for each domain and separate forms for the examiner and the parent within three of the domains.
- The Growth Score Profile allows the examiner to plot scores of individual IDEA domains, relating each to age equivalence.