The IPDE was developed within the Joint Program for the Diagnosis and Classification of Mental Disorders of the World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) and is based on worldwide field trials. Each module (DSM-IV™ and ICD-10) contains an IPDE Screening Questionnaire and the IPDE Semistructured Interview.
IPDE Screening Questionnaire
- Evaluates the presence of a personality disorder.
- Features a 4th-grade reading level, self-administered format, and forced-choice response style.
IPDE Semistructured Interview
- Format allows for a natural clinical interview that still meets the requirements of standardization and objectivity.
- Assigns a definite, probable, or negative diagnosis for each personality disorder.
- Scoring booklet contains a page for each of 11 DSM-IV personality disorders (10 for ICD-10).
- Interrater reliability and temporal stability are similar to those of instruments used to diagnose psychoses, mood, anxiety, and substance abuse disorders.