The DAYC-2 helps you identify children with possible delays in the domains of Cognition, Communication, Social-Emotional Development, Physical Development, and Adaptive Behavior.
- Each domain reflects an area mandated for assessment and intervention for young children in IDEA. The domains can be assessed independently or you can choose all five for a measure of general development.
- Format allows you to obtain information through observation, interview of caregivers, and direct assessment; may be used in arena assessment so that each discipline can use the evaluation tool independently.
- Normed on an all-new national sample of 1,832 children; characteristics of the sample approximate the 2010 census. Standard scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents are provided for each domain and for overall general development.
- Subdomain scores are provided for receptive and expressive language within the Communication Domain and for gross and fine motor within the Physical Development Domain.
- Numerous validity studies, including studies of the test's sensitivity and specificity, are provided.