The DAYC-2 helps you identify children with possible delays in the domains of Cognition, Communication, Social-Emotional Development, Physical Development, and Adaptive Behavior.
- Each domain reflects an area that is mandated by the IDEA for assessment and intervention for young children. The domains can be assessed independently, or you can choose all five for a measure of general development.
- Format allows you to obtain information through observation, interview of caregivers, and direct assessment; may be used in arena assessment so that each discipline can use the evaluation tool independently.
- Normed on an all-new national sample of 1,832 children; characteristics of the sample approximate the 2010 U.S. Census. Standard scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents are provided for each domain and for overall general development.
- Subdomain scores are provided for receptive and expressive language within the Communication Domain and for gross and fine motor within the Physical Development Domain.
- Numerous validity studies, including studies of the test's sensitivity and specificity, are provided.