The DAB 3 uses 14 short subtests to help you determine a child’s strengths and weaknesses across several areas of achievement.
- Subtests include Story Comprehension, Reading Comprehension, Story Construction, Characteristics, Capitalization, Math Reasoning, Synonyms, Punctuation, Math Calculation, Grammatic Completion, Spelling, Phonemic Analysis, Contextual Language, and Alphabet/Word Knowledge.
- Eight composites can be produced: Total Achievement, Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Spoken Language, and Written Language.
- Standardized on 1,534 students in 13 states.
- Provides correlations with the WISC®-III and the Stanford Achievement Test and includes studies showing the absence of gender, ethnic, and disability bias.
- Improved scoring criteria for the written composition includes contextual language and story construction.
- Contains more appealing and realistic color pictures, a clearer description of administration procedures, and a new story audiotape.
- Manual describes methods for closer inspection of both correct and incorrect student responses to help you identify the thinking processes and problem solving strategies used.