Ideal for measuring delayed language, spoken language disorders, dyslexia, and aphasia, the CASL is a research-based oral language assessment battery.
Fifteen subtests can be administered individually or as a battery
- Measures comprehension, expression, and retrieval skills using 15 tests that are organized into four language categories: Lexical/Semantic Tests, Supralinguistic Tests, Syntactical Tests, and Pragmatic Judgment.
- Includes both core and supplementary tests—core tests measure the most representative aspects of each language category; supplementary tests provide additional diagnostic information for use in quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Record forms (one for ages 3-6 years; one for ages 7-21 years) provide space for profile analysis, item responses, scores, and behavioral observations.
- Because the CASL provides age-based norms, it satisfies IDEA requirements for identifying language impairment.
- The CASL ASSIST™ Software simplifies scoring and gives you a complete interpretive report.