Whenever there is a risk of suicide, the ASIQ can quickly assess the need to take preventive action or further evaluate. The ASIQ is extremely useful as a part of intake or during treatment.
- Self-report measure; 25 items screen for suicidal ideation.
- Provides a 7-point rating scale with a built-in scoring key.
- Total score with corresponding T score and percentiles for comparison.
- Normative data collected from 2,000 normal adults, college students, and psychiatric outpatients.
- Internal consistency coefficients range from .96 to .97; retest coefficients range from .85 to .95.