|Are you a master's-level counselor with a career guidance history?
Do you have a driven and gregarious nature that lends itself to business growth and marketing focus?
Are you passionate about helping people find their place in the career world, whether they be students, those in mid-career transition, ex-military, and everyone in-between?
There are many types of product managers, from people whose focus is the product-growth pipeline to those who get excited about the collaboration that a product revitalization program and relaunch requires. We are looking for both. Here at PAR, a family-owned business and one of the leaders in Customer Service in the industry, we view product management as a 50/50 mix of functional activities and hands-on problem-solving. Product management strategy; tactics; execution. As the Career Guidance Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to help shape the career guidance division, having an impact on the lives of many.
Please note: THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION. Likewise, the compensation and benefits are reflective of the specific qualifications and advanced level we seek.
If you’re someone who loves to get people excited about your product and product line, but can also maintain a sense of humor and humility no matter what is going on around you, talk to us about our Career Guidance Product Manager opportunity in our Lutz, Florida office. Read about us, our history, and our culture and write to us, telling us how your background and passion relate to what we’re doing. At PAR, we value people for their rich histories and perspectives, and strive to find those who will flourish in their role. We love smart and consciousness candidates and believe our only opportunity to win in the marketplace will come by hiring and keeping the best people in the industry.
In alignment with PAR’s business goals, the Career Guidance Product Manager (CGPM) will drive product management strategy for the Career Guidance products and area within PAR. The CGPM will plan and execute product expansion activities into the market including partnerships, training, and user and market research. Having hands-on experience in career guidance and counseling, the CGPM will be an authentic and credible spokesperson to the world of career professionals. The CGPM is responsible for the overall success of our product line and service offerings and ensuring that they align with PAR’s broader business strategy. Ideal candidates are passionate about products that assist in career guidance decisions.
• Serve as subject matter expert for assigned product and opportunity areas.
• Develop the product and service strategy that supports business strategy.
• Understand competitive landscape and industry trends.
• Track product profitability; understand user adoption and revenue projection.
• Engage closely with the market (Customers and prospective Customers) throughout the product lifecycle.
• Translate product features into Customer benefits and work with product marketing to develop messaging and positioning for our sales organization and other internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify what is 'important' and what is not, prioritizing development requirements effectively in line with the overall business plan and market problems that need to be addressed.
• Develop and provide training to outside organizations as needed.
• Participate in relevant professional organizations to gain industry knowledge regarding trends or other factors impacting the product line and to make sure the company's corporate interests are represented.
• Involvement with thought leaders in the Career Guidance space including participation on external project teams and speaking at external events.
• Develop partnerships with organizations to enhance and expand the use of our Career Guidance products as well as exposure to outside needs.
• Effectively communicate and collaborate product focus throughout entire organization including senior leadership, product development teams, sales, professional services, marketing, UX, etc.
• Work cross-functionally with technical product managers, IT, R&D, and other stakeholders to develop product and services roadmaps.
• Track results, provide insights, and make recommendations to improve customer experience and ROI.
• Collaborate with marketing, sales, and professional services to assess and create pricing, product positioning, competitive assessment, and profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Rich marketing experiences; reporting to the Vice President of Marketing.
• Master’s degree in counseling is required.Career counseling experience is a PLUS.
• 3+ years in a career counseling role or related field is required.
•5+ years in product management experience.
• Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy and technical product.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Strong Customer and student empathy.
• Passion for education and career guidance.
• High level of Customer focus, establish and maintain good customer relationships as an organizational leader.
• Business acumen and proficiency with quantitative business analysis techniques is desired.
• Analytic and strategic thinking, solid decision making skills in the face of imperfect data.
• Strong planning, written, and verbal communication skills (including public speaking and teaching).
• Strong sense of ownership and dedication to accomplish goals and succeed.
• Strong understanding of Web-based technologies and related design concepts.
• Ability to blend creativity with analytical problem solving.
• Strong organizational skills, including demonstrated prioritization skills in a rapidly changing environment, required.
• Ability to travel up to 25%
About PAR, Inc.
From its modest beginnings in Bob and Cathy Smith's home 38 years ago, PAR has grown into a leading publisher of psychological assessment materials designed to help our Customers better serve their clients. PAR has built an outstanding reputation in the test publishing industry on the basis of four guiding principles:
• Publish innovative, high quality products that meet Customer needs.
• Deliver unparalleled Customer Service.
• Hire exceptional people and take great care of them.
• Give back to the community through donations of time and financial support to worthwhile organizations that help others.
Today, PAR remains independently owned and operated and is managed by highly trained professionals in every facet of company operations. We continuously seek feedback from Customers about our products and services. We offer products in an array of assessment formats, including print materials, software, apps, and online testing materials, developed to meet the needs of professionals in psychology, mental health, counseling, education, forensics, pharmaceutical product development, and career counseling. In 2009, PAR was recognized by the Principal Financial Group as one of the 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security in the U.S. The same year, Bob and Cathy Smith received the Spirit of Philanthropy award from the Suncoast Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals for "living the spirit of giving." Several times over the past decade, PAR has received the United Way's Spirit Award, which recognizes not only financial support but also staff commitment and involvement; in 2011, Cathy served as a United Way Spirit Award judge. "Creating Connections. Changing Lives." For us, this is much more than just a slogan. We chose these words to represent PAR not only because they articulate our approach to serving Customers, but also because they reflect the positive impact that our Customers make every day in the lives of their clients. We understand the important work that our Customers do in hospitals and other health care settings, in private practice, at universities and schools, in forensic settings, in research, and in businesses across the country and around the world. Wherever they are, our Customers truly are creating connections and changing lives. We want to be a partner and trusted resource for the very best assessments to support that work.
PAR provides a generous and competitive benefits package to employees. Click here to view a summary of the benefits offered.
Attn: Lottie Zack
16204 N. Florida Ave.
Lutz, FL 33549